Old January 25th 12, 08:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default RPCA Cookbook - request for volunteers

Most folks would have already seen my request for volunteers to help
compile the RPCA Cookbook from all the recipes posted here over the years.

However, if you haven't, the idea is that every volunteer is allocated a
week of RPCA archives, and they get to go through, find, and save the
recipes (with the author and the date it was posted) that are there.
There will be many weeks with no recipes. There will be some with *many*
recipes. Some weeks will only have a small number of postings, others
will have well over a thousand to go through. Thats OK, there's no
dead-line, and its not a race. Naturally some of us will be good at
using advanced search tools, and some of us will do it by 'hand' (thats
me!), some have a lot of spare time to give, some only a little. There
is no time frame on this, but it would be nice to have a recipe book for
the holidays at the end of this year.

The completed file will be too big to post here in text format, and we
can't post 'zipped' files here, but we can put it on a binaries
newsgroup. The file will also be posted to the RPCA-Facebook site,
Catslaves (in the file area), downloadable from a legitimate file
sharing site (yet to be decided) and no doubt it can also be e-mailed
around (it will be text only, so it will zip nicely)

Assuming about 15 years worth of RPCA, there's approximately 5500 weeks
to look through. I can't do it by myself, but I reckon if we all pitch
in, it a do-able task.

Anyone? Anyone?

Yowie