Old September 5th 12, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.pets.cats,rec.gardens,misc.consumers.house
dgk

Default Fences - Cats - DIY?

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 00:06:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Brooklyn1" Gravesend1 wrote in message
.. .
"Bill Graham" wrote:

Well, to bring the discussion back to cats, I take in strays and feed them
and water them, and offer them a warm place to sleep in the Winter time.
What I don't do is imprison them. They were free when they came to me, and
they remain free while they are with me. Part of the reason they choose to
stay with me is the fact that the door is always open. Both for me and for
them. Slavery ended (or should have ended) back in the 19th century, both
for animals and men.

Tell the truth, **** for brains... you're another of those lazy cheap
*******s who can't exert themselves to deal with litter and pay for
it... you don't take the cat to a vet and you feed it the cheapest
crap food you can find because this isn't the first time you made
believe you are caring for an animal because you know there's no
reason to make any investment in yet another cat that you'll find
flattened in the road. I've met lots of fake do-gooders like you... I
don't believe a word you said, you don't feed any cat, you're just
trolling.

I tried to take in two strays once but Maui (my old cat) wouldn't have them.
I couldn't really afford three cats at the time anyway. I had a feed store
say that they would take them but they wound up not doing it. They loaned
me a big kennel for them and I could at least let them sleep in that on the
freezing nights in my house. It was the only thing that kept them safe from
Maui. And they willingly came in to sleep. I did feed them.

Then my husband (we were not married yet) called around and found a shelter
that would take them if he would pay to have them spayed and neutered, which
he did.

Hopefully they went to a good home.

Hopefully. I'm always afraid to take cats to any organization other
than a no-kill shelter. And even that can be a problem because the cat
can stay in a small cage for a very long time. No fun for the cat.
PETA thinks that it's better for the cats to be PTS rather than live
their life in a no-kill shelter. It's a reasonable arugment.