Old July 21st 12, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Default Alternative to pilling

ann791 wrote in :

On 7/21/2012 2:26 PM, ---MIKE--- wrote:
I am supposed to get clavamox pills into Tiger twice a day. Hiding in
his food isn't working and I don't think he would eat "pill pockets". I
wonder if I could smash the pill, mix it with butter (or vasoline) and
smear the mixture on his fur. The alternative is a number of 20 mile
trips to the vet for a shot.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Have you tried a pill popper? It looks like a syringe with a rubber tip.
You put the pill in the tip and place it in the back of the cats mouth
and push the plunger.

Ann

I've used the pill popper with all mine. Tip: once the pill is at the back
of the mouth, blow very gently on the cat's nose until he swallows it.

Bobble