Old July 21st 12, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Alternative to pilling

---MIKE--- wrote:

I am supposed to get clavamox pills into Tiger twice a day. Hiding in
his food isn't working and I don't think he would eat "pill pockets". I
wonder if I could smash the pill, mix it with butter (or vasoline) and
smear the mixture on his fur. The alternative is a number of 20 mile
trips to the vet for a shot.

Another idea would be to take Tiger to the vet once for a shot, and
have the vet show you how to give an injection. And then send you home
with liquid clavamox and syringes.

--
Joyce

May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.