Old April 12th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ranger the video star!

Dan M wrote:
This Saturday the local Humane Society sponsored "A Walk In The
Park", an event where folks were invited to come to the San
Bernardino baseball stadium. The attendees were invited to bring
their pets with them, and join in a walk around the stadium.

I'd estimate there were two or three hundred people present, most of
them with dogs. Nancy filmed a short video clip for the newspaper,
and it's online at
http://lang.sbsun.com/video/20060408_SBHumaneSoc.wmv. There is a very
short (second or two) clip of Ranger on my shoulder, near the middle
of the video.

What made the day interesting for us was that Ranger made the rounds
too! He was the only kitty there, and he was such a brave kittyboy -
he was perfectly comfortable, even around all the doggies, and had a
great time riding around on my shoulder. Dozens of people stopped to
pet and admire the beautiful, brave kitty. It had been my intention
to enter Ranger in the "Longest Tail" contest, but they rescheduled
the contest to an hour later than originally planned, and I didn't
Ranger would appreciate hanging around that long.

It looks like a good day out. I hope they raised pleanty of money to help
the animals.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.