Old January 23rd 05, 06:35 PM
Phil P.

"Nell" wrote in message
Phil P. wrote:
http://www.winnfelinehealth.org/repo...ly-neuter.html

Thanks, Phil, for your advice, and especially for the reference above.
Very helpful.

I think I'll have their "pips" out this week.

Nell.

Smart play, Nell. The Humane Society of the United States, the American
Veterinary Medical Association, the Cat Fanciers Association, and many other
animal welfare organizations all agree with your decision.

Long time myths and mis- and outdated information are very difficult to
dispell. Its difficult to make a decision based on facts when its hard to
tell which are the facts and which are myths and misinformation.

I did a lot of research and actually watched several early age neuters
before I voted to approve the policy for my shelter. After witnessing the
ease and speed of the procedures and the kittens' rapid seemingly painless
recovery, and lack of any documented adverse effects, I voted a resounding
"Yes".

EAN is especially beneficial for young females because they have much less
abdominal fat and muscle. This results in much less tissue trauma, quicker
healing and much better visualization of the organs. In males, the
procedure is so quick and simple that sutures aren't required or even
necessary!

Also, you'll reduce the chances of him spraying later in life if he's
neutered before his instinct to spay kicks in. Once a cat develops a
spraying behavior its very difficult to resolve.

Rest assured that you're doing the best thing and the right thing for your
cat (and you).

Best of luck,

Phil.

"A kitten, in the animal kingdom,