Old June 17th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] New Carjacking Method

I didn't check Snopes simply because this is plausible and, I thought, a
good warning for us to be aware of how easily carjacking can be
accomplished - especially in light of the recent incident in Houston where
carjackers threw the children out of the car and then rolled over and killed
the two-year-old.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Heads up everyone!

You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside.

You start the engine and shift into reverse, and when you look into the
rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of
paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into park,
unlock your doors and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or
whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of
your car, that is when the car jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into
your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in
your car. And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car,
and if they see your home address and have your keys, your home is now
compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED........

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away,
remove the paper later and be thankful that you read this e-mail. Think
about this. Are your children already in the car buckled up? I hope you
will forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A purse
contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents,
and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped