Old April 12th 10, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default [OT] Chicken fried steak gravy question

Ok, so Joel & I are doing the couch potato thing, watching Travel & Living
channel, a show called "Man vs Food". The guy is in Texas and talking about
chicken fried steak, which sounded totally weird, until we saw it being
made. I'd probably call it simply 'veal schnitzel', but hey, whatever. It
was served with mashed potato, but there was a white sauce they called
'gravy' that was poured over the chicken fried steak and pooled into the
middle of the mashed potato.

What was the 'gravy'? because 'gravy' around these parts is brown and tastes
like whatever meat you are supposed to be eating because it should be made
out of the cooking juices if made properly (although there are of course
'instant' alternatives). It certainly shouldn't be white, not even chicken
gravy is white, just alighter brown than beef or lamb gravy.

Figured at least one person here would know the answer..

TIA

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.