Old September 7th 12, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Cat Reality

Judith Latham wrote:

I'd always had dogs and was planning on having one when we got married but
only when I wasn't working full time because it just isn't fair to the dog
otherwise. As I'm still working full time that plan went out of the
window. Then Sweep (RB) decided to move in with us. As you say, what a
leaning curve. She had us well trained in a month.

That pretty well echoes my reason for not having a dog. I LIKE dogs,
but they do require more attention. Also, my tastes run to the larger
breeds, which in my mind equates with a large outdoor space for them to
roam in. (I'm told Great Danes manage just fine in small apartments,
with a couple of walks a day - the real danger in small spaces is that
the owner must avoid tripping over the "couch potato" dog sacked out on
the floor.)