Old August 13th 03, 02:57 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default vacations ...

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:16:46 +0200, "lewe"
wrote:

well mine is over and I'm back at work after a few weeks by the lake and
some lovely days hiking the Swedish/Norwegian fjells. Had a hectic start
since I put off coming back as long as possible ...

Thea & Bono are of course better off and spends another few weeks at my
parents before they return to city life. With the great summer weather we
are having the apartment is hot and stuffy so it's a really good idea for
them to spend more time in the countryside on their veranda and with nice
walkies with my parents -Bono got even worse bugging them to go out after he
managed to catch a mousie the other day, even when he was on a leash.

They had some nice days in the forest by the lake too, T&B love it there.
They get to be "wild" during the days - well under supervision that is - and
in the evening they go for walkies on the leash. There are lots of little
mousies and voles to watch for, and some water voles by the boat house, so
they are very busy there. It's fun to watch these little apartment cats
pushing through the blueberries, only the tip of their tails sticking up.
After some 4 days or so they do need to go back to my parents' house to rest
up for they don't get much sleep with all the activity going on.

Oh no, sounds like another case of voles becoming endagered - or
possible exticnt. As I remember, voles are extinct on Marina's Island,
with water voles on the endagered list.

We have skimmed and skipped through rpca on occasions and even while not
posting, purrs have been going out with special efforts to those most in
need.