Old December 7th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default What on earth???

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Mischief wrote:

the shredded remains of a plastic bag
dragged behind him and he had
managed to get his head stuck in the
handle.

I always cut the handles with scissors before disposing of plastic bags.

Absolutely. Cats love crinkly sounds but it's too easy for them to get
their heads caught in the handles of those plastic things. I learned that
the hard way when Persia was "chased" by a plastic bag after she first came
to me. Sure, they love the crinkly sound. That's why I bought her a
crackle-sack. She loves to roll around on it for the crackling sound.

But plastic bags? YIKES! No!! Cut the handles off.... heck, cut the
bottoms out. They can suffocate or strangle.

I also make sure the strings from the mini-blinds are well out of Persia's
reach. She thinks they are string toys. No, they're potential nooses. You
have to be really careful because cats will find a way to make toys from
just about anything. While that's very cute, they could kill your cat.
CAUTION!

Jill