Old October 29th 12, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.pets.cats,rec.gardens,misc.consumers.house
Moe DeLoughan

Default Fences - Cats - DIY?

On 10/27/2012 11:35 AM, Bob F wrote:
dgk wrote:
On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:59:00 -0400, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:

Gas Bag wrote:

She wants to stop her cats getting out, and other cats getting in.
To any cat "lovers" out there, my friend isn't getting rid of her
cats, nor is she trapping/baiting any of the cats in her suburb.

Anyone who cares about their cats doesn't let them out.

Like most absolute statements, that's nonsense. Cats enjoy being
outdoors and if we really care about our cats we want them to be
happy. Safe counts but so does happy.

And neighbor's love cat poop in their spinach.

Responsible cat owners who want their pets to experience the outdoors
have a number of options that will permit cats to safely do so, and
without posing a nuisance to neighbors. Permanent solutions: fence
their yard or build a catio. Temporary solutions are Kittywalks and
pet pup tents. Both are made of heavy mesh, fold for storage, and are
appropriate for use under direct supervision. They won't protect a cat
from a predator, so the owner should only use them when s/he is at
home and able to keep an eye on the cat(s).