Old August 21st 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

Default A Cat's purr

Isn't in very much like the human voice? When you talk, feel your own
throat. It vibrates the same way that a cat's purr vibrates her
throat. What is he trying to say? What words of wisdom does she have
for us that we can't hear with our inept ears? They purr when they're
happy. Anxious. Content. Hurting. Feeling loved. Scared. What purpose
does meowing serve? To be annoying, like a loud noise that you want
to go away .. now! No, the real talk is in the purr.

--
Cheryl

"Cowboy take me away. Fly this girl as high as you can into the wild
blue. Set me free oh, I pray. Closer to heaven above and closer to
you."