Old August 17th 03, 08:17 AM
LOL

"Yowie" wrote in message . au...
"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
My nephew, his girlfriend and his mom were out playing pool last night.
Driving home, he was hit by a speeding truck that was being chased by
police!!!!! They were all OK, but his car is totaled. His new mustang that
he waited months for while he was in Kuwait is completely irrepairable.
However, they are enormously lucky, because if the timing had been

*seconds*
different that truck would have plowed into the drivers DOOR!!!! He had an
angel on his shoulder last night. He is broken hearted about the car of
course. His very first. I know that in days to come he will be more

thankful
that no one was really hurt (he *is* but you know how that feels when your
very first car is maimed in any way let alone totaled). Mom said that the
liscense plate they brought home is just *crumpled*. He has good insurance
so they called right away. His GF is a very quiet person and I think

helped
him a lot. Well, his mom won't be getting rides for a while (she's a real
piece of work and a whole 'nother story. Suffice to say there is a reason

he
lives with my mother.). Whew. Just had to tell everyone because I'm

busting
with amazement and not a little tearage and panic at what might have been.

Calming and soothingpurrs to you and the rest of your family. Bum about the
car, too, but thank goodness they are all ok. Depending on your religous
persuausion, is there any way you can say "thanks" to The Powers That Be for
this miracle?

I'll be lighting a candle in thanks for the amazing luck that your Nephew,
his girlfriend and his Mom had.

Yowie

(Piggybacking as I seem to have missed the original post)

Wow, Karen, that's a miracle. I know he's bummed about the car, but
that is *not* looking on the bright side. It's too bad you guys are
so far away from where I live, or I'd be tempted to ask if I could
come rub his head for luck. :-P

------
Krista