Old June 22nd 12, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Infestation

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Marina" wrote in message
We had heard about the red dot greeblings that seem to infest many cat
homes, but we had never seen them. We figured our climate is too cold
for them to survive here.

But today, one of them appeared here! First Caliban, then Viktor, and
then even Miranda got into the chase but none of them could catch it
and kill it. The chase went on for Bast knows how long, and always
the red dot greebling managed to avoid pouncing kitty paws.

At one point it went round and round and round, and Caliban went
round and round and round after it until he was all mixed up, and
still he could not get his paws on it.

Finally it ran under the desk and disappeared. Caliban sat waiting for
it a looong time, but it never reappeared.

--

I do wish that Boyfie would like anything that you all say your cats
like. I've got him cardboard boxes, all sorts of toys - he isn't

Tweed

How very sensible.

Sweep (RB) was boss cat in the street but she didn't like big spiders,
little ones were fair game but she always pretended not to have seen the
big ones.

One day I was in the kitchen and Sweep and DH were in the sitting room. DH
called me to bring the sid kit (We call spiders sids, I don't know why) I
took the jar to find DH pointing to the sofa and Sweep watching the said
sofa with a worried expression. The big spider had been on the curtain but
while I was getting the kit it had run past both of them and gone under
the sofa. I moved the sofa with those two the other side of the room and
put the jar over the spider. AS I went to get the card to slide underneath
Sweep walked over to the jar and hit it with her paw as if to say "If you
weren't in there, I'd have you." yeah?

I loved that story, thank you, Judith. It really made me smile.
I'm with Sweep. I do not like and am horrified by big spiders. Used to be
all spiders but have worked on it.
Tweed