Old February 11th 04, 03:06 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

Thanks for help and advice... As you can see, I'm watching her pregnancy
closely... counting the days and making sure all is normal. I know I'll get
messages telling me that this cat shoudl be spayed and I'm such an idiot to
let her have babies... tell if you like.

While I certainly don't advocate the breeding of cats by people who
aren't professional breeders of show quality cats (especially when over
7 MILLION cats and dogs are killed yearly in the US alone because of
lack of homes), I'll chime in to say I'd let her eat as she wishes. This
is what she would do in nature, assuming she could catch enough prey.

You may want to go to a breeders' list, perhaps on yahoo, to see other
people's experiences and get sound, professional advice. They can also
help you in placing the kittens in GOOD homes. I would advise a contract
for any adopters. You allowed the breeding - you are now responsible to
see that the babies are taken care of. Be a good grandma.

Standard disclaimer: IANAV. As always, talk to your vet if you have any
health concerns.

~kaeli~
Experience is something you don't get until just after you
need it.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace