Old February 14th 05, 05:42 PM
-L.

Phil P. wrote:
"Mary" wrote in message
.com...

"Glarb" wrote:

I know this makes me a bad person, but
come on y'all, what is your true limit on such matters?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Nothing! That's perfectly normal behavior for an asshole.

So are you saying you have no limit, Phil? Would you go without
medication? Food? Lose your house?

I'm not being snarky - just curious.

I don't consider my cats equal with my child. They are a family member
- a beloved companion - but NOT equal to my child. Practicality and
cost-to-benefit ratio comes into play. It is situation-dependant. I
have seen far too many people throw far too much money at a hopeless
situation, and vets, by and large, will allow them to do so. In the
end, the animal suffers far longer than it should have. And there is
absolutely *no* compassion in that.

I also recognize that many people with cats truly cannot afford
adequate vet care. Yes, they shouldn't have cats if they cannot afford
them, but many people do. They do the best with what they have.

-L.