Old July 18th 05, 10:32 PM
Karen M.

Preston wrote:
This has been like a 2 year oddessy. We have a very loving, adorable
black cat. Likes to be a lap cat. Takes very good care of his sister (we
adopted litter-mates) and is overall a great cat. There's one problem.
He's REALLY needy at night and he's made our nights hell for the last
two years.

[horror story snipped]

My idea is to wear him out. When you two are at work, falling asleep at
your desks, he's happily snoozing up for that evening's antics.

So, when you get up, play with him vigorously for a while. Make him
run! Jump! Laser pointer! Catnip!

Leave several radios on timers so there's a fairly constant supply of
changing noise.

Look into a solar-powered cat toy. "Rainbow maker" is what I have.

When you get home, more fun time. Have him do laps around the living
soom. He should be panting before you quit. But wind things down about
an hour before you want to retire.

When you do, shut him up in the spare bedroom or the bathroom or the
kitchen. Litter box, kibbles, water, fleece blankie, and sister.

You might also want to look into a white noise (babbling brook? peeping
frogs?) machine besides the CPAP.

Human infants need to be rescheduled in a similar fashion. I'm sure
many parents would like a three-month return clause.

HTH

--Karen M.
who trained my kids that we don't eat until daylight