Old March 26th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cruising cats: visit to TED

Annie Wxill wrote:
Ahoy, Because of the ineptitude of their two crew members, Rosie and
Cinder had to see TED today. Before we left, Jim & I had purchased
enough Revolution to last several months. We wanted to be sure that
the kitties would not be tormented by fleas that we may track onto
the boat, or heartworms from the mosquitoes that we are bound to
encounter during our journey.

Having invested a considerable sum in this product, we now realize
that we don't remember where we packed it and we can't find it.

What to do? Not knowing where we will be next, we can't order more
from the Internet. There was only one option left.

I looked up TED offices on the Internet and found one in the area who
had Revolution. The catch is, even though we had recent health
certificates, TED had to see the cats before prescribing the
medicine.

Well, remember, we came by boat and don't have a car. Fortunately,
one of our neighbors with a boat on the same dock also live in the
area and offered to loan us a car. They also have a cat onboard, and
totally understood our failure as crew.

Rosie was napping out in the open, and I got her into her carrier
with only minor resistance.

Cinder knew right away something was up and hid in Rosie's den and
suffered the indignity of being dumped out onto the bed and then
stuffed into a carrier.

At TED's, they were subjected to the dreaded thermometer in the
nether regions and drops they always dislike immensely put between
their shoulder blades.

I think they will be discussing how hard it is to get good help.

On another topic, it appears that the weather will allow us to leave
the dock tomorrow morning. We will be heading from Galveston, Texas
in the direction of New Orleans, Louisiana. Much of the Gulf Coast
from here and Mississippi was hit hard by Hurricane Katrina. Not only
homes, but marine related businesses such as marinas were destroyed
or damaged.

We expect to do a lot of anchoring out for the next several days.

Annie, crew for Rosie and Cinder

Hopefully you will find the Revolution that is packed away somewhere. I
like hearing of your cruising cats journals. This does bring up a few
concerns however. Perhaps you should if possible create a list of
vets/emergency vets now while you can. If you ever end up somewhere
where internet access is unavailable and you need a vet what then? Plus
creating a list of taxi or other transportation options along your route
as well would be prudent - since you cannot exactly take a car with you
on the boat. Purrs that you never really need either are provided however.

rrb