Old September 7th 04, 08:46 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default Sammy - big moth hunter

Sammy has been very active this today. She had all the cupboards open
when I came home for lunch, and again this afternoon when I was done
for the day. Once I turned on the computer I noticed that she was
checking behind all the furniture, including climbing up the
entertainment center to check behind the speakers. Finally she flushed
her prey, which turned out to be a fairly large moth. They both
procedured to the bedroom.

A few minutes later I heard a thud in the bedroom - nothing major like
the time she climbed up and managed to knock half the books off a
shelf, just a medium thud. When I got up to check we passed in the
doorway, she was on her way to the kitchen, me to check for damage in
the bedroom. Turned out she had been checking the shelf in the closet.
I suspect she leaped up, landed on a blanket, which instead of staying
in place like any decent landing pad had slid off and deposited both
on the floor.

Anyway, I put it away I came back to enquire as to whether or not she
had caught the nasty flying creature. I could tell that it was still
on the lose, since she was now stationed on top of the Brita water
filter I keep on top of the fridge looking around intently.

I'm not sure where she's gotten to now, as I was just in the kitchen
and she has moved on, but am keeping an ear cocked for any unusual
noises - hoping for small to medium thuds and nothing major.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: