Old June 8th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Default I dispatch feral cats

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
snip

Just be careful who you brag about it to. There are MANY computer savvy
people on these newsgroups, and they could probably find where you are. Not
that I'm threatening you, but keep in mind that, in most communities,
shooting animals is illegal, unless they are the game-type (deer, elk, etc.,
etc.) and you have a hunting license - oh, and it's hunting season. You
may, in short, end up facing a prison sentence and heavy fines for what you
are so proud of doing.

It's legal where and when I do it. Since I'm employed by law
enforcement-I'm not a sworn officer but I am licensed to carry
concealed-I couldn't take the chance otherwise. However, hunters and
farmers have been and will continue to shoot cats and not get bothered
in most any jurisdiction where hunting with firearms is allowed.

Where I physically reside catshooters are, if caught, charged with
unlawful discharge of a firearm in city limits. Bigger charges are
possible but juries, sensibly, won't convict uness there is an animal
torture or "heavy metal satanic aspect" to the case. Smart
feral-plagued bird lovers therefore set snares-for rabbits and
squirrels-and make a point of not noticing cats until they smell really
bad.