Old May 31st 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default My cat had an accident - I'm sick with worry!

On 31 May, 09:11, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:
In article , says...

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 28 May 2007 03:17:13 -0400, cybercat wrote:

Take responsibility for your actions. Your cat fell out of the window,
and you allowed her to go without veterinary treatment for 48 hours.
Any complaints you have with your vet, if indeed you ever took the cat
to a vet, are a separate issue.

I think you're being too hard on her. If what she posted is accurate,
she may have erred in her judgment, but not because she lacks concern or
commitment.

My dog got killed because of my poor judgment, so I'm sensitive to the
distinction.

Charlie, if your dog were hurt you would have taken him for treatment.

If he fell out the blinking window and had blood coming out of his
nose, are you telling me you would not take him to a vet?

I will never understand these sorry assholes who post that they have
an injured or sick cat, and have not taken the animal to the vet. If it
were a child, they would find a way. Or maybe they wouldn't. Poor
cats.

It wasn't a question of "finding a way." She took the animal to a vet
on Sunday, which is no easier or cheaper than doing so on Saturday. She
didn't mention the cost as being a problem. She merely showed poor
judgment, and she admitted as much in her first post. Here is what she
wrote:

"I feel so guilty! I should have made sure the close the window
properly and brought her to the vet IMMEDIATELY after it happened."

I don't see the point of attacking someone who acknowledges a mistake.

Also, she didn't hold off on the vet for 48 hours... it was less than 24
hours.

Charlie- Hide quoted text -

Very true.....
S;o)