Old July 8th 04, 03:43 AM
Tracy

(Luvskats00) wrote:

| Maybe there is a certain "time frame" in which the breeders
| are obligated to take the cat back. Perhaps it's unreasonable
| to hold the breeders to a lifetime guarantee

Well, it seems clear that the cat is a breeding casualty, used by an
unscrupulous breeder to excess and then more or less dumped at an
advanced age on Phil (who will hopefully learn from this experience
not to buy cats from crappy breeders), or preferably not to buy cats
at all. It's a sad story. The best thing I can think of to do is to
try, patiently, to rehome the cat as a "special needs cat" with either
a breed rescue, no-kill shelter or owner who is used to dealing with
special needs cats. It's possible, but it sure isn't easy and it will
take some time. Since the urinary problems are most likely related to
excessive breeding and probably some psychological stress (from the
breeder, not Phil, I hope the necessary patience can be found. If I
were the owner of the cat, I'd also find some cat breeding
organizations, the CFA if no one else, and rat out this breeder for
irresponsible and callous behavior. It's totally unacceptable behavior
to farm out a used-up queen with physical damage and then refuse to
take her back. Makes me sick.