Old June 4th 05, 04:16 PM
blkcatgal

The part I left out is that "Kitty" had been missing for several days
(probably hiding because she is sick) before these people even realized it
and began looking for Kitty. Granted it's just a comic strip, but there is a
person behind the strip that I think is promoting bad pet ownership. And
this is a nationally syndicated comic strip. On the other hand, maybe the
writer is trying to show what not to do. (I always try to give people the
benefit of the doubt.)

S.
"Karen" wrote in message
in article , Diane
Schirf at
wrote on 6/4/05 9:23AM:

In article ,
"blkcatgal" wrote:

Has anyone been reading the comic strip "Sally Forth" lately? The story
line is that their cat "Kitty" is very sick, has an impacted colon, and
requires an operation that will cost $3400. Sally and her husband are
trying to explain this their daughter and that they probably are not
going
to have the surgery done (I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but
this
appears how the story is going; I could be wrong). There is no
discussion
of whether the surgery will be successful, a second opinion, etc., only
the
money factor. And for some reason this really bothers me. I guess if
my
cat required surgery (and believe me, I've been down that road and it
cost
me much more than $3400) and I knew it was going to help, I would try to
do
what I could to come up with the money. Many vets offer payment plans
now.

I just had to vent about this....

Hard to say, but maybe it will turn out that she is trying to get
readers to think about what they would do in that situation.

You can bet she is getting emails.