Old September 23rd 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default indoor cats & flea's??

"ensoul" wrote in message
ups.com...
How does that happen? The housing Mangment here doesn't allow pets
outside unless on leash, I never bothered doing that. I don't eve aloow
Moe & Rudy out on my balconey, I know they'd jump off (I'm on the 2nd
floor). They about a year & half old, neutered.

There is big flea problem in my area, anybody I know that has outdoor
pets are having major problems with flea's, you can see them jumping
around! Not that bad here, I did get get them both flea collor's,
brand name one's, try to get a head start before they get to the vet.
They are both long hair cats, too.

So how the heck do indoor cats get flea's? I haven't had to deal with
flea's, my last cat was immune to them, Sam went outdoors and never,
ever had flea's, maybe it's karma, LOL

And our flea collars enough?

ensoul

Fleas can be transported on your clothing, especially shoes (or brought in
by friends who have pets with fleas).

Please don't use flea collars. They can be hazardous to your cats' health.
Instead, pick up some flea treatment (*if needed*) from your vet --
Advantage, for example. Advantage, Frontline, and Revolution only need to
be applied once a month if you have fleas (and not at all if you have not
detected a problem).

MaryL