Old September 25th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default indoor cats & flea's??

"dgk" wrote in message

Advantage, Frontline, and Revolution only need to
be applied once a month if you have fleas (and not at all if you have not
detected a problem).

MaryL

I thought they should be used for prevention. I hardly overuse it,
generally I give one dose in early July and that's about it. The boys
only go in the backyard, but I know it's possible for them to get
fleas there even though it's pretty well sealed off from other
critters. Squirrels certainly are all around.

I once had fleas in my apartment and it was a major mess getting rid
of them. I'd have to burn down the house.

I wouldn't see anything wrong with that. I just meant that I would not like
to see anyone use *any* of these flea products on a routine basis unless
there was an actual need -- it's just not good to overmedicate, but once a
year (such as you described) doesn't sound harmful to me. On the other
hand, I also do not have a background in medicine.

MaryL