Old May 8th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Dog in a cat suit

wrote:
Pat wrote:

Joyce, I was quite surprised the first time a cat wanted to walk with me,
too, but since then I've learned that they almost all will do it. This
discovery happened in the desert in Arizona, where I eight felines often
accompanied me on my walks. It was so special, being trailed by a single
file line of cats stretching back 10-15 feet behind me.

What a wonderful image!

It was always an adventure walking with the cats. And yes, whenever anyone
got too far off from the group to have visual contact, they would cry and
wait for me to answer, then come running to rejoin us.

That's interesting. I was surprised when Smudge did that - I expected
her to just wander in and out, and appear on the sidewalk from time to
time to trot alongside me for a while before taking another side trip.

Joyce

When we lived in our last place, the kitties were allowed outside there,
they would follow me a few blocks, but then go off on their own errands
or head back home
they would even follow the neighbor's around occasionally, but i found
out the neighbor was feeding tuna to possum.. he's a very friendly cat.
He also had girlfriends hanging about the house (and he's been
neutered for years!!) he just likes the company of other cats.. Tygra on
the other hand, barely tolerates possum's presence, even though they've
been together for years, they don't cuddle with each other, but do
play/fight occasionally.

Kristy