Old April 6th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Hissing after bringing kitty home from vet

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:12:37 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 3, 6:08*pm, "cyberpurrs" wrote:

Okay, I admit it, I am old. I just turned 50.

a) you have not "killefiled" me as you have promised. Credibility in
question here.
b) I have been owned by cats for longer than you have been alive.
c) If you want me to detail your idiocies just in the last few months,
just keep at it and I will.

As to our cats going outdoors - yes, they do - and always have to the
extent that they choose. And at the same time, they have long, healthy
and extremely happy lives for all that. Until you have seen a cat
hunting, chasing, playing in the outdoors, or even fishing - yes, our
cats fish - then you cannot ever expect to understand what a cat is
when it can express all of its nature.

Get a life, please.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I'm curious about the fishing thing. Do they sit at the bank and try
to grab fish when they come too close? There was a small fishing pond
in my yard (like a bathtub) when I bought the house but I had to
remove it since I figured it would just be a sushi bar for the feline
members of the household. Not to mention the birds.

Cats and water is always a funny situation. Some hate it and some are
fascinated by it. Marlo gets almost ecstatic when I use the turkey
baster to remove something that fell into their fountain. She swats at
it and climbs all over trying to get to it. The other two ignore it
completely. They're just all so weird.