Old April 19th 09, 08:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default Hissing after bringing kitty home from vet

wrote in message
On Apr 2, 4:28 pm, John Gordon wrote:

Yes, we have exactly three. What is special about that number?

With three cats, there is always an alliance between any given two
against the third.

Not only is that about the most asinine and bogus thing I've ever heard- its
also very dangerous and incredibly irresponsible. Didn't you think about the
impact bogus information like this can have on the lives of cats languishing
in shelters who won't get adopted because you scared people away from
adopting a third cat with your bogus bull****? Or don't you normally think
that far head?

I can single-handedly debunk your ludicrous drivel as an owner of three cats
for decades, and as someome who placed *many*, *many* third cats in homes
and *never* seen or heard of a situation like you concocted. A third cat is
just as likely to get along or not get along with resident cats as a second,
fourth, fifth or tenth cat.

This is the second time (that I know of) that you've posted bogus
information that could be harmful to cats. The first time was a bogus,
outdated myth about neutering affecting urethral dimensions in male cats.
Remember that nugget of crap? I shudder at the thought of how many people
you scared out of neutering their cats.

Do the cats of this world a favor and either think before you type or sit on
your hands when you get the urge to type something stupid and potentially
dangerous.