Old January 30th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New family member - update #2

Enfilade wrote:

I can't believe how much that little mite EATS!!!!! She
certainly has not been underfed - she's tiny, but her ribs
are reasonably well-padded, as is the rest of her.

Make sure she hasn't got worms... When we brought in smokey, Smokey had
a lot of worms, and ate an insane amount to try to 1. bulk himself up
from skin and bones while 2. nourishing all those worms...

SFAIK, she's always been an indoor cat (and an only cat,
since my neighbor got her). I don't suppose that means she
COULDN'T have worms, but I think it's unlikely - certainly
her stool shows no sign of them. However, I DO plan to take
her to a vet, but I want to wait until she's less stressed
over the change in domicile, since she seems perfectly
healthy. (I'd forgotten how SHINY a short-haired black
coat could be - it's not only the pattern of her black and
white markings that remind me of one of those Japanese china
cats!)