Old July 20th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Adrian C

Default Pet Porte microchip cat flaps £20 discount

Emil Tiades wrote:

Guernsey is not in the EU, which means that VAT + handling fee will be
added by customs and carrier.

Me bad grab'n'copy'n'paste of Peter's original newsgroup posting, Pet
Porte are not doing free postage now, it's £6.95.

I don't know about Guernsey, but a couple of US suppliers I have dealt
with years ago have included VAT amounts in their invoice, and had a way
to slip the "collected on behalf" amounts into Gordon Brown's pockets.

But in this case as no VAT processing is mentioned, you are right -
chances are VAT + handling fee (£8 if nabbed by the Post Office) will
need to be paid :-|

http://www.petporte.com/retailer3.htm
For cat owners (er, staff!), a full list of UK retailers is on the Pet
Porte site - no need to shop at J.W. spammer's website or get messy
with customs.

--
Adrian C