Old August 10th 03, 11:36 PM
Relish

Karen Chuplis wrote:
in article , D. Stephen Heersink at
wrote on 8/10/03 3:45 PM:

I've always declawed my cats because they are always indoors and if I
don't, they will claw the furniture and me. Since I have expensive
furniture and don't want scars on me, I've found the declawing a cat
is the best way to accomplish our mutual goals. Some extremists think
those of us who do such things are savages, but I don't care. I love
my cats, and my cats love me, declawed and all. But of course, they
are NEVER allowed out doors.

Kind regards,
___________________
D. Stephen Heersink
San Francisco

I've had cats all my life. I do not have scars. My furniture is fine. Learn
to train the cats. Or use Soft Paws.

Ditto. There is NO excuse for declawing cats. A caring,
compassionate person will make the comparitively small effort to learn
how to train the cats and invest the couple months needed to do so.

Scratching posts and sticky pawa are all you need, along with a small
bnit of intlligence and some patience.

Anything else is simply a lazy, arrogant cop out.

If you feel your cats need declawing, find another pet.