Old April 18th 14, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Alison Sinclair

Default Cataracts

I have a cat who was previously diagnosed as diabetic and was on various doses of insulin for about 18 months. About 2 years ago insulin was stopped and the cat is well and healthy. I still give him Hills M/D food partly as a precaution and because he strangely won't eat anything else. He won't even eat fish or meat! I understand that it is possible for cats to become non-diabetic (A phenomenon unique to cats)
Anyway my question is how likely is my cat to develop cataracts?
I read that diabetic dogs are much more likely than diabetic cats to get Cataracts.
Thanks in advance for any info