Old July 20th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default What is wrong with the boys?

On Jul 19, 1:34*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

What I am trying to say in a long-winded way ;-) is do you think it makes a
difference about what cats are prepared to eat in the form of people food if
they have fallen on hard times before you got them, or do you think it makes
no difference at all?

Interesting- none of my cats have fallen on hard times however much
they try and convince me that they are poor hungry unloved felines at
mealtimes!

Speedy Joe's mum was semi feral at best and because we were waiting to
move to a flat where we could take him he was with her until he was
almost 5 months old. And you have never seen a cat with such varied
tastes! He ;loved cheese so much that cutting any involved having the
knife in one hand and restraining Speedy with the other! He also
snacked on brown bread, chips from the Chinese, chicken curry and
fried rice, apple cores, giblets (even when frozen), peas, basically
he'd eat anything

Fugazi and Isis were born to an indoor-outdoor cat who came from a
long line of spoiled pets- and they didn't care much for Hoomin food
although Gaz was more adventouros than Issi. Issi was pretty much like
Boyfriend in that she was suspicious of anything that didn't come out
of a box or tin with a picture of a cat on it through she accepted
prawns and sometimes ham. Both of them liked cod from the chippy but
while Issi ate the fish, Gaz preferred the batter! Gaz also liked
doner kebab meat soaked in chilli sauce but she'd lick the sauce off
and leave the meat

Dunzi and Sarsi born in a shed to a semi feral stray (she adapted so
well to indoor living she must have been someone's pet once before she
was a stray- you got it- the woman who was feeding her when she had
the kittens didn't like cats but thought it worth encouraging her to
stay as they lived in a garden centre but didn't want her in the
house...these days she's not inclined to leave it!) both aren't too
keen on most Hoomin food- they don't even like prawns! But they will
kill for ham and are not averse to a bit of cooked chicken now and
again but basically they want everything else out of tins and boxes
with a picture of a cat on them

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs