Old January 29th 08, 06:54 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.misc
dgk

Default KITTY LITTER DUST!

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:28:11 -0500, "Upscale"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message

http://www.litter-robot.com/
It is NOT cheap, around $300.

I didn't buy it because I'm going to have the bathroom redone soon and
I'm going to try to have a litter box area where an electric eye turns
on a fan/filter when the darlings use the box. I really don't mind
scooping but I do hate the dust. Checking the litter is one of the
ways we can tell how our felines are feeling and I really hate to give
that up.

I considered one of those at one point, but it doesn't really seem like
there's a lot a space in there for a cat. And although poop might be
filtered away quickly, when she pees it would be hitting the sides of the
LitterRobot. I know if I was a cat, climbing into that thing wouldn't be
pleasant. I think the biggest thing I didn't like about the Littermaid
wasn't that it was breaking down (although that was certainly a contributing
factor), but that there were so many nooks and crannies for poop to get
lodged in and that it was a really big pain in the ass to clean when I
wanted to every month or two.

Another thing that bothered me with the Littermaid is that the sides of them
aren't as high as they could be and my big cat sometimes sprayed over the
edge of the Littermaid.

D.

Folks seem to really like that Litter-robot though. Of course, they
could all be stockholders. I'm not.