Old June 29th 12, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

Default Grugingly Rejoined Facebook

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

I was talking with my neighbor, telling her about an online coupon for
Cat's Pride cat litter. When I went to find the link where I'd
printed the coupon, suddenly it's only available on FB. Same thing
with some other things I've encountered lately.

I'm not giving up on this ng, absolutely not. But I've re-activated
my FB account. Apparently whether we like it or not, everything is
going the way of FB.

Now, what do I need to know? I don't want a gazillion emails telling
me who just joined or asking me to be a "friend" people or whatever
else. I've found the rpca location. Now I'm trying to find another
group (rec.food.cooking). I know they're there because a friend told
me so. But I have no idea how to add to my "groups".

I must also comment, I found a woman who was one of my best friends in
high school. She was a wild child. I remember when she got drunk and
tried to run off with a sailor she'd known for 2 days. She's been
married three times. Now she's all holier-than thou, quoting the
bible next to her bible-thumping husband. Yikes! I think I'm going
to be sorry I clicked "friend". I can't stand people preaching at me.
Besides, I know her history. I was the matron of honor at her first
wedding... and her husband decided to quit his job to become a
minister. She wasn't gung-ho about it at the time, I can tell you
that. Turning over a new leaf is one thing. Proselytizing on FB is
quite a different story. I don't mind getting back in touch, but
she'd better not preach at me.

Jill

If you don't want to see what that "friend" writes:
- click on her name,
- to the far right of her name you'll see "friends" "message" and an arrow
- hover your mouse over "friends"
- you'll now see "show in newsfeed" with a tick mark, unmark it
or
click on settings below that and unmark what you don't want to see from
her

Bobble