Old September 3rd 05, 06:53 PM
MaryL

"Ruby Tuesday" wrote in message
I like the plastic crate because it's sturdy, but I just saw one that's
made
of sturdy fabric which is cheaper, and hangs over the shoulder. It's
nice
in colour, and because space is limited I can just fold it wherever I
want.

But I think maybe I should go with the crate because when I take Mico to
the
vet, they're gonna hafta sedate him to get him to co-operate, and it might
be easier to get a pill disguised as food through the crate bars, rather
than through the bag's netting. Suggestions anybody?

Thanks in advance,

- Ruby Tuesday

I have used both, and I prefer the fabric with netting -- easier to
transport and store, lighter to handle. I have never had a need to slip a
tranquilizer in disguised as food (as you described it), but I would think
that you could unzip the fabric carrier just enough to insert the food. The
one I have can unzip either from the top or from the end, and each "system"
has two zippers. The two zippers mean that you could use both zippers and
have them meet in the middle, or you could use one zipper all the way
around -- thus making it easier to slip in food at the bottom of the
carrier. Incidentally, I'm dubious about whether this will work with
*either* type of crate. If Mico is that nervous or agitated, I would expect
that he will not be in any mood to eat.

MaryL