Old September 4th 05, 12:57 AM
Elizabeth Blake

news:WpmSe.4072$Ix4.3539@okepread03...
"Elizabeth Blake" wrote in message
I have both types at home. I don't drive so when I take both cats to the
vet at the same time, using two of the hard plastic carriers was
impossible. The soft carrier I have (Sherpa) cost a fortune - literally
5X what a plain hard case costs! If you're going to be driving, the hard
case might be better. My Sherpa bag, since it's soft, does tend to sag
while the cat is inside. The cat doesn't seem to mind, but might feel
more comfortable in the hard case. Also, one of my cats loves to sleep
in the hard case, so I leave it out all the time.

--
Liz

The one I have has a rigid vinyl-covered board to place inside. That
prevents any sagging. This one came from WalMart and is available in 2 or
3 sizes.

MaryL

The Sherpa Bag also has a board in the bottom (I don't think it comes out)
but it doesn't stop the top from drooping down onto the cat, which causes
both ends to kind of angle in. It's not a big deal and overall I really
like the bag. I brought Harriet home from work in it yesterday and she
didn't complain. I'd buy a second soft carrier if I could find a cheaper,
generic version. There's no WalMart here.

--
Liz