Old October 4th 04, 06:43 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 22:22:19 -0500, John F. Eldredge
wrote:

I think that's happened with all my crew at one time or another. LB
is the most likely to disappear, because she goes through these
phases
where she wants to sleep in out of the way spots. Her funniest spot,
which I only found after several disappearances, entailed her going
in the closet and climbing into a soft sided suitcase which on one
side partially unzipped.

There is some degree of risk to this hiding place. My father once
had problems with a possum hanging around his house, and finding its
way into his finished attic, used as a storage room. The possum
finally disappeared. About six months later, he found its mummified
remains inside an old soft-sided suitcase. One seam was ripped, and
the possum had apparently climbed inside through the already-ripped
seam, and then suffocated in its own carbon dioxide. The suitcase
was sufficiently airtight that we hadn't noticed any smell in the
attic beyond a slight mustiness.

Thanks for the warning - though I doubt that you'll be getting any
thanks from LB. I would not have thought it could be dangerous. I just
went and closed up that hide-away.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]