Old June 4th 11, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default (Way OT) Arachnophobia

On Jun 3, 4:30*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I used to be a serious arachnophobe. *

I've never been bothered by spiders/wasps etc although stag beetles
freak me right out! Don't know why I've never even seen a live one!
I;ve seen a dead one/one preserved in plastic presumably also dead and
that's pretty much it....It's not beetles generally. In fact I'm
fascinated by insects and many years ago made a special trip to the
Natural History Museum to look round their new and expanded insect
gallery.....fascinating....amazing....as I was going out I looked up
and they'd positioned this huge model over the exit of a stag beetle
about to take off and I was standing under it...you've never seen
anyone leave a exhibition as fast as I did- I was sure if it fell on
me I'd have a heart attack!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs