Old July 24th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Default Kitty tales

Glad you are enjoying it. It came from Pam originally, she straightened out
my poor memory. It is a great book in that it introduces the reader to
authors that you perhaps hadn't heard of before or wouldn't have read
because you weren't familar with their work. And there were some favorite
old stand by authors in there too. There were a couple of stories that had
real surprise endings; yay for the cats!
Charleen

wrote in message
Charleen passed on a collection of short stories that all contain
at least one cat that is essential to the story, if not the complete
focus of it. I've read 5 or 6 of them so far.

One of them is about a woman who lives alone with two cats. She
starts dating this guy, and pretty soon it starts to get serious.
But he has an annoying habit of making fun of her attachment to
her cats and giving her a hard time about the way she talks about
them. For example at one point he says, "I guess it's OK to be
silly about animals, as long as you know that's what you're doing."

I won't say more because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who
might get this book after I pass it on, but I will say that I liked
how it ended. Score one for the cat lady.

Thanks for the book, Charleen - I'm really enjoying it!

--
Joyce ^..^