Old April 22nd 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default scratching post

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Apr 15, 3:02 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"nice guy" nice wrote in
... My kittie sniffs at the
new post and walks away.
How can I make it more attractive to her?

The most important thing of all is that it be TALL enough that she can get
good stretch in when she scratches. Petsmart sells these for $15.

Tall is good. And stable. If kitty s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-s out for the first time
and knocks the
whole thing over, he won't be too crazy about his new scratching post
anymore.

An excellent point, and in fact our kitten knocked hers over several times
until I put some weights on it.

Has anyone tried those ones that lie on the floor; they're cardboard
like the turbo-
scratcher, but shaped wavy like a roller coaster track? Trying to
decide if buying
one will just net me a $20 decorative item that the cats won't touch.
And turbo scratches are very popular around here also.

Sherry