Old June 19th 12, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Lessons From Mark Edwards (or "A Triple Dose of Cat")...

"MatSav" wrote in message
We all know that cats are scroungers, right?

Well, there's some neighbourhood cats that really like my garden - it's
"wild", with uncut grass, and lots of bugs.

There's Ginger - a neutered tom, with a collar and a magnetic cat flap
'key'. He's taken to coming indoors, vocally demanding some ham, and then
curling up on a chair for a couple of hours. Heck, he's even scratching
the carpet to mark his territory!

Then there's Blackie - an all-black long-haired variety, with beautiful
golden eyes, who seems to be Ginger's soul mate. He seems to prefer
kibble - though Ginger does let him share the ham, if I've put some out in
a bowl. I swear the two communicate with each other telepathically -
because if one is at the kitchen door, the other will appear soon after.

When both of them come to see me, I call it a "double dose of cat". This
evening, Ginger was curled up on a chair in my living room - Blackie had
also been in, but only as far as the kitchen - and he didn't want any food
tonight. I'm sure he lives in a house at the end of my garden, because
I've seen my neighbours in the street telling him to go home!

Anyway, a ginger cat appeared at the living room door - I thought it was
Ginger, and assumed he'd got down off the chair - so I spoke to him, and
said "goodbye, thanks for coming!".

But... I looked across to the chair, and Ginger was still curled up
asleep! "Ginger 2" is smaller, and doesn't have a white bib or a collar -
but he must surely be related :-) Tonight, I got a triple dose of cat. I
must have been taking lessons from Mark :-)

--
MatSav

LOL!

Joy