Old August 8th 20, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Here's Your Robe...

I suffer from occasional bouts of insomnia. One night last week I felt
like I really hadn't gotten into a sound sleep until just before
daybreak. Tossed and turned all night.

Around 7AM Buffy started meowing, trying to make me get up. Oh no, I
groaned. "Sleepy-bye". She has dry kibble and water right there. No
reason for me to get up yet. (except for the gooshy food). I wasn't a
good cat slave. I refused to get up until around 9AM.

I keep a lightweight cotton robe at the foot of the bed. When I got out
of bed that morning, Buffy had dragged it off the bed and onto the cat
steps at the *head* of the bed. I looked down and there it was, as if
she was saying "Hello! Here's your robe. Now get up and feed me!"

Cute trick with the robe, Buffy. I have to wonder why she grabbed an
article of clothing for me to put on. Hmmmm.

I did get up and she did get her gooshy food. And I did get to sleep in
that extra 2 hours before discovering the robe.

Jill