Old August 23rd 20, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

Default Kerry (2015-August 20, 2020)

Cheryl wrote:

Kerry went to the Bridge very unexpectedly today. She was a black cat
who arrived from the local humane society in 2016, aged about a year.
Although I often said she was a bit neurotic because of her
fur-chewing habit, she was actually a very friendly and loving cat
who got along with everyone other than Senior Cat Cinnamon Even
Cinnamon learned to accept her eventually. She had had a rough start
in life, with a case of cat flu with in the shelter, leaving her with
a little cough, and investigations as to the cause of the
fur-chewing. Eventually, the TEDs decided that was due to her nerves,
but even though everything else had failed, she shouldn't take drugs
for it because she had a heart murmur. Everyone got used to her fur
being patchy in places. This morning, she was perfectly normal,
making sure I got out of bed and carefully supervising the
preparation of the cats' breakfasts, including taste testing. I was
out all morning, but in the afternoon, when I went into the bedroom,
I saw Kerry lying on the bed, almost like normal. Something wasn't
right, though, and I went over to pat her. I realized Kerry was gone.
She looked very peaceful, but it's always hard to lose a cat,
especially one who was so young.

Sad that. Entered for the Jellicle ball.