Old July 22nd 11, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

Default Greetings from under my rock

On Jul 16, 7:17*pm, nobody wrote:
On 16 Jul 2011 05:13:15 GMT, wrote:

Rolling
in the Deep", by a singer named Adele

She's a VERY good vocalist...no Christie McVie..., but still very good.

But, she uses back up vocals. They're just a distraction.

It would be better to user her OWN voice, in post production. Enya is
the master, at that.

Kind of hard to do in concerts, without using tracks, though.

The lyrics are very powerful.

The music...meh. She doesn't even HAVE a lead guitarist.

But still, head and shoulders above all the 'popular' carp, these days.

I've never heard it before.

I'll have to look into her music, see if any of her other work is as
good.

Thanks!

Snork. At least I know who Enya is.....I wanted to hear/see this but
have a mediaplayer problem at home
with vids on YouTube so went to her website. All I could take in there
was her album cover (pro portrait
closeup shot, cleverly shadowed in exactly the right spots) which told
me nothing about the singing or
that song. Abandoned task.
Now I am at a relatives with killer Bose speakers attached and no
mediaplayer problems here so just
tried again. Was impressed by talent of Adele and yes, she has Celine
Dion volume power as well. I
realize song (sadly unintelligable, as some comments below vid pointed
out, I had to look up "lyrics''
at another link) is a lament, etc. and graphic examples of "broken"
whatever relate to song....but from its
beginning I was giggling at *the settings* as I swear they did Adele
major injustice by using same staircase,
foyer, draped walls, etc. as many, many episodes of Criminal Minds I
watch on tv late at night! Did her
promoters do this to *save money* by using sets from other venues/
media?
I went to all this effort to view/hear Adele per recommendations here,
as I am an incurable heavy metal/
hard rock person and there are tons of pops I never heard of unless
they make a**** of themselves that
go viral....like Spears, Lohan, Rhianna, Aguilera, etc.and make
headlines. Likewise, have no idea what is
selling well in pop vids currently; from what the named offenders here
show on tv looks like bootyworking.