Old July 26th 19, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan Mahoney[_2_]

Default Ravenous kitties

Persia *yowled* at the mere sight of a cat out the window. Or on *her*
private patio. How dare you! She literally crashed through a screen
door to chase away the interloper. Share a food space? Never. LOL

Ranger is the other-cat guardian in my house. We are caring for 2 neighborhood strays in our garage while we try to get them socialized enough to go to the shelter (the no-kill shelter where we volunteer). One is buff-colored guy who has become very affectionate since he has learned that I am not going to hurt him. I have named him Fred. The other is Sarge, a grey kitty guy with kind of a rough coat.

All 3 of our indoor kitties like to lie on the low table we put at the front window. It serves as their "Kitty TV". If Ranger sees Fred on the front porch he will growl as long as Fred is there. If Ranger sees Sarge on the front porch he goes wild! Hissing, screaming, swatting at the window - he REALLY doesn't like Sarge.

It makes me wonder if cats are able to detect the fursonality of a cat visually. Fred is a very timid, very peaceful kitty, while Sarge is a bit of a bully - I sometimes have to stop him from chasing Fred out of the garage.