Old February 4th 14, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyriend update

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message

I don't doubt that a large owl could do serious damage to a housecat,
but I think the vet said that there was no evidence of any kind of
animal attack.

We don't have owls in the UK that are big enough to prey on cats.
http://www.owls.org/Information/uk_owls.htm

That settles it, then!

Actually, if one of our owls swooped down on Boyfriend, he'd be bringing it
to me to eat for my breakfast. None of them weigh more than 1lb.
We don't really have anything that preys on cats (except some foxes,
although it's unusual, but not unheard of)
I immediately blamed a fox and so did the vet until he'd examined him
thoroughly. Nothing suggested anything other than somehow hurting himself
on something sharp.

Besides, the Boy is used to seeing foxes in my garden - they are always here
at night hoping to get into my chicken hut (bad luck) so he knows how to
avoid them by going up a tree or coming home
Although 2 cats have been killed by foxes near here (witnessed by their
owners) in the last ten years I doubt Boyfie would allow himself to get in
that position.
See fox - go up a tree.
I hadn't know before he went after a squirrel actually how fast he could go
up a tree. Literally 2 seconds
He missed it :-(
Tweed