Old September 30th 16, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Iowna checks things out

Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[Rebecca observes]
Mr. BobCat, yoo kum wif myownself fur a minnit.

[She leads the bobcat through the 'porter to the Fluffykitz
warehouse, to the cat food section. She pulls down a big bag of cat
food, and they watch as the warehouse automation immediately
replaces it on the shelf.]

Dere, see? Da warehowse alwaze replacez whutever we takes. Yoo seem
to be a leeder type, so itz impurrtant dat yoo keepz up yurown
strenth so yoo kan hewp the utherz. So rite now I wantz yoo to eet
yurown fill. We iz not leevin da warehowse until yoo duz.

[The bobcat is reluctant, but he sees that Rebecca means business,
so he starts eating. He goes slowly at first, but then takes great
mouthfuls. When he is finished, he gives a big burp, and they both
laugh.]

Datz betterer. Now juss hold on a minnit wile I takez kare uv
sumfing...

[Rebecca pulls up the Fluffykitz app on her catmunicator and gives
it instructions to make regular deliveries to the canyon until
further notice, starting immediately.]

Dere. Now dere will be delifuriez efurry day uv fudz fur awl da
aminalz in da canyon. If yoo needz to chang enneefing -- like how
much, or how offin, or whut to send, or whare to put it -- yoo juss
kum bak heer to da warehowse an tawk into dis mikrophone an say whut
iz needed. Dere iz purrpared fudz like I juss givved yoo, or yoo kan
hav meetz or vejiblez or whutever iz best fur efurrywun.

So whut shud we take bak wif ussez rite now?

Rebecca

[Clanking, and rumbling can be heard from deep within the FluffyKitz
warehouse, and is soon followed by a soft roar. The roar approaches,
and soon the source is seen - a bright yellow tractor pulling a string
of carts. Sammy is at the controls of the tractor, and the carts are
piled high with a huge selection of foods - meats, kibble, canned
foods, hay, potatoes, cabbages, pumpkins, pine cones loaded with pine
nuts, canisters of juicy worms - enough types of food to feed a
forest full of wild creatures.]

Here we go, Mister Bobcat, sir. Mebbe dis will be a good start. The
catmunicator dat Rebecca showed you will take care of deliverin'
whatever you'z meow to it. But dis load here ought to get a start at
filling da tummies of all da critters you're purrtecting.

An I belief dat Ranger has 'ported over to da canyon wif an excatvator
to help wif da root cellar.

Sammy

Mr Bobcat smiles a happy grin. As food starts to flow out to everyone
and they gather to eat, first there is just the sounds of famished
animals sharing their first good meal in a long time, with plenty for
all.

As the various chomping/slurping/nibbling and such sounds subside, they
get curious and start to wonder why these wonderful folks came?

Mr. Bobcat sits quietly and when there is a pace of quiet, asks. 'What
is a Jellicle Ball? Importantly, what can we do to help?'

An elder wolf with a greying muzzle comes up and says he knows just a
little bit. It was something his gradsire heard of from his grandsire.
That just like Sirius watches for them, the cats have one who watches
for them. Once year the cats would gather to sing the praises to the
great Cat, much like wolves in a pack will sporadically sing to Sirius.

The Bobcats eye pop wide open! I know of this but not related to a
ball. Can you others tell us more? She is the big panther queen to
us. Her name is Bast. Is your name for her the same? It is the name
she told us for her back in the depths of time. We sometimes see her
at night and in our dreams.

The rescues, wild and domestic look to the small advance party with
questions in their eyes and happy hopes!