Old March 27th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default I Need a Plan "B"

I hope it works for you, Sherry! Never had any experiences with armadillos
and I must say this story fascinated me!
Christine
wrote in message
oups.com...
Because "Plan A" was a miserable failure.

Armadillos aren't a new thing around here, we have them pretty often.
But I now have a young one that is completely destroying the yard. DH
is plenty upset but respects my "live and let live" attitude toward
wildlife and doesn't even mention killing it. But he did say it has to
go. I've been chasing it out of the yard, thinking it will "learn" to
stay outside the fence. First lesson was, "armadillos don't learn."

My next plan was to catch it and "relocate" it about 1/2 mile down by
the pond and hope it doesn't come back. My plan involved DH's beekeeper
shoulder-length gloves, a fishing net and a cardboard box.

I don't know if anyone but me has ever been stupid enough to try to
catch an armadillo, but man-o-mister, the poor thing completely freaked
out and so did I. Armadillos apparently can jump flat-footed five feet
in the air. I was NOT expecting that and it scared the bejeesus out of
me.

Now I'm just going to hope the ordeal scared the poor thing enough that
he will not only stay away, but tell all his friends and family about
the crazy woman with the net. Gad. I really hope it doesn't come back.

Sherry